[Biopython-dev] Ideas for Biopython 2.0

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 28 10:25:10 UTC 2017

I agree with Joao here. I don't see an immediate and overriding problem that modularity would solve, and I can see many drawbacks.
Best,-Michiel

    On Monday, June 26, 2017 11:03 AM, João Rodrigues <j.p.g.l.m.rodrigues at gmail.com> wrote:

 Copied from the other thread where I mistakenly posted:

I think we should focus on other topics such as modularity. What do the proponents of the said modularity say about it? What are its advantages? I personally think a big disadvantage is that with one package install you get a wide array of tools for a variety of subjects. With a constellation of modules you might end up with an up-to-date core and an out-of-date lone module somewhere, which makes things much much harder not only to maintain but also to debug in case of issues.