[Biopython-dev] Deprecating Bio.GA (Genetic Algorithms)?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 22 16:14:27 UTC 2017

Hello all,

Does anyone know what would be the most appropriate Python
Genetic Algorithms package we could recommend as part of
deprecating the Bio.GA module?

How about Distributed Evolutionary Algorithms in Python (DEAP)?
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/deap

There are a few others mentioned here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16739118/genetic-algorithms-and-multi-objectives-optimization-on-python-libraries-tools

Peter