[Biopython-dev] Planning to drop Python 2 support by 2020?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 22 11:00:04 UTC 2017

Thank Joao,

I am interpreting the pledge as dropping any expectation of support
for Biopython on Python 2 after 2020, but with enough leeway for an
emergency fix release if required after thereafter.

(Much like how Microsoft officially ended Windows XP support some
time ago, but does occasionally release critical security fixes)

Peter