[Biopython-dev] Dropping Python 3.3 support soon?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 14 14:04:23 UTC 2017

Dear Biopythoneers,

In the absence of any objections, I propose to drop support
for Python 3.3 later this week in preparation for the our next
release, which will be Biopython 1.70

Note that currently the most recent non-beta version of
PyPy for Python 3 is still v5.5.0 which targeted Python 3.3

http://doc.pypy.org/en/latest/index-of-release-notes.html#cpython-3-3-compatible-versions
http://doc.pypy.org/en/latest/release-pypy3.3-v5.5.0.html

However, since then all the PyPy releases for Python 3
have targeted Python 3.5 (albeit only considered beta
level releases):

http://doc.pypy.org/en/latest/index-of-release-notes.html#cpython-3-5-compatible-versions

Regards,

Peter