[Biopython-dev] 'testseq' update

Adil Iqbal aiqbal85 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 05:31:52 UTC 2017

I looked into it and the Scripts, Doc, and Test folders are not included in
the "lib/site-packages" directory. Which means those folders cannot be
accessed by importing. They also cannot be accessed by a command-line
script because the path to the Scripts folder would then be variable on a
per user basis. I see two options.

We can scrap the unittest and include testseq in the Scripts folder for
folks who happen to be perusing the source code.

Or we could keep the unittest and do Andrew's earlier suggestion, which is
to include it in the SeqUtils submodule, but not import it by default.

I would prefer the latter option, though I understand completely if we
decide to go with the former. I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks,
Adil