[Biopython-dev] Biopython 1.69 plans - late January / early February?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 26 17:20:56 UTC 2017

Thinking about this, I intend to merge this pull request for
including in Biopython 1.69. We will need something in the
NEWS file, my initial suggestion is:

We have started have begun to dual-license Biopython under both our
original liberal "Biopython License Agreement", and the very similar
but more commonly used "3-Clause BSD License". In this release a small
number of the Python files are explicitly available under either
license, but most of the code remains under the "Biopython License
Agreement". See the LICENSE file for more details.

The release announcement will also highlight this, and should
help with tracking down the remaining contributors who have
yet to formally agree to dual license the contributions.

Peter