[Biopython-dev] Planning to drop Python 2 support by 2020?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 16 09:33:13 UTC 2017

Correction: NumPy itself is not yet listed on
http://www.python3statement.org/ but a number
of related projects like SciPy are. My mistake, sorry.

NumPy are discussing when to drop Python 2.7
support on their mailing list right now:

https://mail.python.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/2017-April/076653.html

I don't think this fundamentally changes the fact we
should be planning for the end of life for Python 2.7,
and that 2020 is a sensible target.

Regards,

Peter