[Biopython-dev] Biopython 2017 Project Update talk @ BOSC 2017, Prague?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 10 11:24:00 UTC 2017

Hello all,

In the excitement of Biopython 1.69 last week, I forgot to write about this.
The BOSC 2017 abstract call for full talks closes THIS THURSDAY, 13 April:

https://www.open-bio.org/wiki/BOSC_2017

Please everyone consider submitting an abstract for your own open source
bioinformatics work. Also, as usual I would like to ask for volunteers from
our contributors to present the annual Biopython Project Update talk?

Who is planning to be in Prague for BOSC and/or the whole ISMB/ECCB 2017
(and hopefully the preceding BOSC CodeFest)?

Would you like to volunteer? The talk slot is usually under 15 minutes, so
its not too scary.

Christian Brueffer did this for BOSC 2016, the slides and video are online:

https://youtu.be/JxOm1Bjyt9M
http://f1000research.com/slides/5-1712

Note we have a simple LaTeX template for generating a nicely formatted
PDF abstract on GitHub, and we'll help with writing the abstract and offer
input to slides too. This year we can talk about licensing etc.

I hope to be there myself, and if no one else volunteers am willing to do
the talk (again).

Thanks,

Peter

Disclaimer: I am on the BOSC 2017 organising committee, and was
previously co-chair. I will not be involved in reviewing the Biopython
abstract.