[Biopython-dev] Git master branch freeze for Biopython 1.69 release

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 7 10:29:29 UTC 2017

OK, what is hopefully going to be the official Biopython 1.69 release
is now uploaded
and tagged on the main repository master branch:

https://github.com/biopython/biopython/commit/536ead7385084d7547af636eddd6f1706ba2717e
https://github.com/biopython/biopython/tree/biopython-169

Likewise I've uploaded the files so far to the official DIST repo for
the website,

https://github.com/biopython/DIST/commit/3e14bab2a9235915dd93b33306196029ac17e574

They are not yet linked to from the website, but you can browse them here:

https://github.com/biopython/DIST

VOLUNTEERS PLEASE: Could we have a couple of people check some of the
Windows installers work for you, and another try the tar-ball or zip
file and building
from source and running the tests?

The new Tutorial is already live:

http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial.html
http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial.pdf

And the API documentation from epydoc:

http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/api/

As usual, this flagged some reStructuredText errors as we don't yet lint that
via TravisCI - see https://github.com/twolfson/restructuredtext-lint/issues/34
and https://github.com/PyCQA/pydocstyle/issues/245

If there are no issues I'll update the website, upload to PyPI, and make the
formal announcement (which will be based on the NEWS.rst file).

Peter