[Biopython-dev] Interested in contributing to Biopython

Mahesh Gudapakkam mahesh.gudapakkam at gmail.com
Wed May 18 20:32:01 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I have a feeling this may not be the right way to offer that I'd like to
help with contributing to Biopython but I am doing so per this text on your
website. (*http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial.html#htoc319
<http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial.html#htoc319> - *
 The *best place to express an interest is on the Biopython mailing lists –
just let us know you are interested in coding and what kind of stuff you
want to work on.)*

I am Web developer and UI/UX designer who is very interested in
Bioinformatics. Ideally I'd like to contribute to modules within Biopython
but I know that will take time and domain expertise. I will get there.

However, I'd like to begin immediately by offering to help with the
website, documentation and unit tests.  At present, I am reviewing both
Chapter 22  Where to go from here – contributing to Biopython as well as
your github repo for your website
https://github.com/biopython/biopython.github.io.

Please let me know if this is the right way to get involved with this
effort. My apologies if I did this the wrong way.

Thanks
Mahesh Gudapakkam