[Biopython-dev] Preparing for Biopython 1.67

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 8 10:20:29 UTC 2016

Another update, I've sorted out most of the warnings from the
test suite, although there are some open issues here:

https://github.com/biopython/biopython/issues/838
https://github.com/biopython/biopython/issues/845

For reasons unknown, the BioSQL SQLite tests are now regularly
failing under Python 2.6 on my old Windows XP machine, e.g.

http://testing.open-bio.org/biopython/builders/Windows%20XP%20-%20Python%202.6/builds/657/steps/shell/logs/stdio

This turned out to be unrelated to the recent minor changes to
how the BioSQL tests are configured - even a clean re-install of
Biopython 1.66 fails - and is frustratingly random. I'm giving up
on this - there is probably a handle leak somewhere but since
this seems to be Python 2.6 specific so it does not seem to be
that important.

I'm going to try to do the release this afternoon - so please
don't commit anything to the master branch for the time
being.

Thanks,

Peter