[Biopython-dev] Deprecating simcoal and fdisk content in PopGen

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 28 16:00:23 UTC 2016

Hi Tiago,

I have no objection to deprecating this, which will be a gradual
process:

http://biopython.org/wiki/Deprecation_policy

Tiago's PopGen code has plenty of unit tests but because
these tools are not open source friendly we never got them
integrated into the TravisCI setup - which is why it looks like
the PopGen code has a poor test coverage score:

https://codecov.io/gh/biopython/biopython

The tests have been running via the buildbot system - these
are volunteer machines (currently looked after by me and
Tiago) where we had installed the dependencies manually:

http://testing.open-bio.org/biopython/tgrid

We should also ask on the main Biopython mailing list.

Thanks,

Peter