[Biopython-dev] Biopython 1.68 plans (mid August?)

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 25 16:57:54 UTC 2016

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 12:08 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I'll keep you posted - but hope to finish the release this afternoon.
>
> Peter

This will probably be the tagged commit for Biopython 1.68,

https://github.com/biopython/biopython/commit/914d7ecef2cbc5c550cba311a5f56e47c0abc3ce

I'd like a couple of independent checks before pushing this to PyPI
and making the formal announcement by email and the OBF blog,
but the candidate downloads are live if you know the URLs or
browse the DIST repository, e.g.

http://biopython.org/DIST/biopython-1.68.tar.gz

Volunteers to try downloading this, building it, running the tests,
and installing locally please:

python setup.py build
python setup.py test
python setup.py install

Also the new Tutorial is live:

http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial.html
http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial.pdf

The DIST repository commits were:

Tutorial:

https://github.com/biopython/DIST/commit/667be7192317a743f2e4fa0751b28bb2251a75f5

Tar-ball and zip:

https://github.com/biopython/DIST/commit/9aeae7bfe842b84f07bc948eee78bcb5f971c92e

API docs with epydoc:

https://github.com/biopython/DIST/commit/a4e9a45961980a3afe26a06e03168864e56222e8

Windows 32 bit installers for older Pythons:

https://github.com/biopython/DIST/commit/7ffd08cf63d8b4344fb099ecf05a295c978de436

I'm about to do the MSI for Python 2.6 and 2.7 which for some reason
were not on the "script" - which with the new website setup is now extra
cumbersome: http://biopython.org/wiki/Building_a_release

Regards,