[Biopython-dev] Network analysis tool: PyPanda

D.G.P.van_Ijzendoorn at lumc.nl D.G.P.van_Ijzendoorn at lumc.nl
Thu Apr 21 13:02:24 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I work on network reconstruction of gene expression data using the PANDA algorithm (http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0064832). PANDA (Passing Attributes between Networks for Data Assimilation) is a gene regulatory network inference method that uses message-passing to integrate multiple sources of 'omics data.

PANDA was first released in C++ but now we've created a python implementation of the PANDA algorithm that is both faster than the C++ version (because we now use matrix operations) and has more features.

https://github.com/davidvi/pypanda

We'll be adding a manuscript on pypanda to arxiv any day now.

Would you be interested in adding pypanda to biopython? I would be willing to maintain the code. I'll also file an enhancement bug as stated in your contributing section.

Regards,
David