[Biopython-dev] New Homepage - "Brute force" effort of Community?

Markus Piotrowski Markus.Piotrowski at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Apr 17 11:40:23 UTC 2016

Dear Biopythoneers,

It's great that the Biopython project has a working homepage again.
Great job, Peter!
There is still much to do, many things (especially links) are broken due
to the moving, however some things were broken before or outdated. And
most of these issues must be addressed manually.
I want to suggest a "brute force" effort of the community to get most of
the issues repaired quickly and have a fairly up-to-date homepage:
Actually there are approx. 120 markdown files in the wiki folder. If we
find 10 - 12 people willing to participate then we could assign 10 files
to each person (e.g. file 1 - 10, from "64-bit_Windows...md" to
"Biopython.md", etc.). Each person then checks his pages completely for
all issues (title, content, up-to-dateness, links, formatting,
functionality of example code, Python 2/3, etc). We could design a
checklist with suggested solutions to aid in this process.
I think that this "per page" effort is more effective than to tackle the
things "per issue". Also, having someone looking at a page who hasn't
written it, may be advantageous in finding problems.

What do you think?

-Markus