[Biopython-dev] Biopython.org live on GitHub Pages - please check your contributions

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 13 11:08:32 UTC 2016

Dear all,

As announced last week, the old MediaWiki home page hosted
by the OBF on Amazon had failed and needed a server rebuild.
This prompted me to finish the trial migration to GitHub Pages
urgently, and this is now live at http://biopython.org

http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython/2016-April/015909.html
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython/2016-April/015919.html

At this point there are various little things which need fixing, e.g.

https://github.com/biopython/biopython.github.io/issues

Some of you are itching to tackle these which is great, but I'd like to
allow a day or so to urge everyone to have a look at the contributors
listing where I tried to map the old MediaWiki accounts to GitHub:

https://github.com/biopython/biopython.github.io/issues/2
https://github.com/biopython/biopython.github.io/graphs/contributors

Please get in touch (ideally via the GitHub issue above, or by email)
ASAP if your name is missing, or worse I've wrongly linked your
GitHub account to an old wiki edit (you have been BCC'd here).

(Fixing the authorship of the changes would require re-writing the
git history, which is something best avoided for group projects)

Thanks,