[Biopython-dev] User-defined annotations in Stockholm alignment file

João Rodrigues j.p.g.l.m.rodrigues at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 16:21:43 UTC 2016

Got in touch with Sean Eddy and apparently the issue is that hmmer reads
the info from the original database file, which is in FASTA format, and
then considers it as description. There's no attempt to parse any of that
info because of the lack of semantics in FASTA headers.

I'd be in favor of adding a sub parser for this info,  although I'm not
sure how popular it would be. Making it separate from the main Stockholm
parser makes sense for me, this is a special case. What do you think?