[Biopython-dev] Fwd: Important notice about your projects on PyPI

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 25 08:24:23 UTC 2015

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 12:52 AM, Brad Chapman <chapmanb at 50mail.com> wrote:

> Peter;
> I got this message as well and ran the pep470 tool to upload these releases
> to pypi. It didn't work for the corba packages since they don't match the
> Biopython project name, but I don't think that matters. So we hopefully should
> be good to go with this.

It looks like as a side effect of the "Auto-hide old releases" feature
Biopython 1.63b was the shown as the current entry on PyPI - probably
the most recent uploaded as I would guess Biopython 1.63, 1.64 and
1.65 were already hosted on PyPI (they were not on the list in the email
notice).

I've gone in via the PyPI clunky web-interface to make 1.65 the default
again (hide 1.63b, unhide 1.65, click change).

My guess is we don't need to tweak or build process so that future source
code tar-balls get pushed up to PyPI automatically?

http://biopython.org/wiki/Building_a_release

Should we make the next step as suggested in their FAQ to change
our PyPI hosting mode to:

* Only allow files hosted on PyPI. This is the default, preferred, and will be
the only available option.

> I know nothing about wheels and have been using the conda tools successfully,
> but would love to hear if anything has good experiences getting them going,
> Brad

+1