[Biopython-dev] NCBI DTD File

Lev Tsypin ltsypin at uchicago.edu
Fri Sep 4 14:44:14 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I am encountering this error when using Bio.Entrez:

Bio.Entrez.Parser.ValidationError: Failed to find tag 'Error' in the DTD.
To skip all tags that are not represented in the DTD, please call
Bio.Entrez.read or Bio.Entrez.parse with validate=False.

I've found a discussion of the same issue from about a year ago, so I
figure the the NCBI updated their DTD file in a strange way. I found
several solutions: would you recommend that I download the new DTD file
into my local copy of Biopython or run Entrez.read with validate=False?

Best regards,
Lev Tsypin