[Biopython-dev] Help needed: Windows installers for Python 3.5

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 28 10:53:46 UTC 2015

Thanks Ben,

Did you essentially do this (or similar to get a clean folder):

git clone git at github.com:biopython/biopython.git
cd biopython
git checkout biopython-166
C:\Python35\python setup.py bdist_wininst
C:\Python35\python setup.py bdist_msi

Do we need to update the instructions here for Python 3.5 on
Windows?: http://biopython.org/wiki/Building_a_release

It would be best for someone with access to the biopython.org
(so me, Michiel, Brad, Tiago, etc) to upload them under
http://biopython.org/DIST/ and then we can update the download
wiki page to link to that (which currently will take a Yahoo OpenID
but not Google as they dropped support for the older API. Sigh).

***
But before that, could someone double check these work nicely?
***

I can think of a postdoc here who could do that for me, but he's
out of the office today.

I downloaded them to my Mac, and the file sizes are as expected.
On Linux I'd use md5sum, the Mac equivalent formats its output
a little differently but here are the checksums I see:

$ md5 biopython-1.66.win32-py3.5.*
MD5 (biopython-1.66.win32-py3.5.exe) = dcc6e61ee98e459147884eb293860bce
MD5 (biopython-1.66.win32-py3.5.msi) = 84b34f3cad695c71e25f5170fbdeec10

Peter