[Biopython-dev] Reproducible Biopython VM images

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 30 21:29:24 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 7:14 PM, Christian Brueffer
<christian at brueffer.de> wrote:
> On 2015-03-30 12:24, Peter Cock wrote:
>>
>> We seem to be in agreement then - what should we call this new
>> repository under Biopython's GitHub account? e.g. biopython-docker
>
> I wonder whether a more generic name would be better.  Once the "next best
> thing" comes along and makes Docker obsolete, we have a stale repository :-)

That seems fine if/when Docket becomes obsolete - we'd move our
efforts to a new repository biopython_thenextbestthing instead ;)

> How about biopython-containers? (a bit more bulky I admit, but aren't all
> containers? :-) )
>
> Chris

The open ended naming makes sense if we would envision
translating Docker recipes into "the next best thing" recipes.

Peter

P.S. Does anyone with artistic talent want to draw a cartoon blue whale
(Docker logo) being squeezed by a pair of yellow (Biopython) pythons?
Note sure it would work, but could also try the snake-helix as a whale's
spout ...