[Biopython-dev] BOSC slides: Biopython Project Update - 2015

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 21 11:04:45 UTC 2015

Hello all,

I'm still catching up on emails etc from my conference trip,
but I want to publicly thank João Rodrigues for presenting
the "Biopython Project Update - 2015" talk at BOSC 2015.

The slides are available on F1000 Research as part of the
BOSC "channel" http://f1000research.com/channels/BOSC
which has the bonus of being formally cited with a DOI:

Rodrigues J, et al. Biopython Project Update – 2015
http://dx.doi.org/10.7490/f1000research.1110022.1

Thanks to continued generous sponsorship from Google,
we were again able to record the talks at BOSC and hope
to have the videos online shortly. Keep an eye on this page:

http://www.open-bio.org/wiki/BOSC_2015_Schedule

Also, of course, thank you to all the contributors to Biopython
during the last year - even thought unfortunately we could
only highlight some of these efforts in the short talk.

It was also great meeting some of you in person (again),
and speaking as the BOSC co-chair, I hope for another
strong turnout at BOSC 2016.

Thank you all,

Dr. Peter Cock,
BOSC 2015 co-chair with Nomi Harris,
Secretary for the Open Bioinformatics Foundation,
Bioinformatician at The James Hutton Institute, UK