[Biopython-dev] Jupyter notebook tutorial tests

Tiago Antao tra at popgen.net
Wed Dec 9 00:50:55 UTC 2015

On Tue, 8 Dec 2015 09:08:22 -0700
Vincent Davis <vincent at vincentdavis.net> wrote:

> Would be nice to get this plugin to use a configuration file to
> determine which notebooks to test. I don't think that would be that
> hard.

The problem that I see here is that this is not transparent. One has to
add a string to the beginning of the cell. This might not seem much,
but in an environment that is thought for interactive computing and
learning seems a step too far.

Its a pity that they do not use cell metadata for this.

I actually prefer your simpler nbconverter solution. I was thinking in
using it on a travis configuration...