[Biopython-dev] Online tools to track our test coverage & code quality

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 8 17:07:03 UTC 2015

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 8:12 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:

> No one has objected, and I found it useful at least, so I'm planing
> to enable the CodeCov.io coverage integration in the next few
> days. Currently I do not plan to enable Coveralls.io for the main
> Biopython repository.
>
> Any comments/objections/better ideas?

This is live now at https://codecov.io/github/biopython/biopython/

Note that some parts of the code will wrongly appear to have low
test coverage - this happens when we have a test but it is not
being run on TravisCI due to missing a dependency, or it is an
online test.

Prior to this I had to update the TravisCI setup, we're now using
their container based infrastructure which is a little faster (but
recording the coverage slows it down again, so about the same).

If anyone familiar with codecov.io and/or coverages can see
why it shows the Bio/ coverage information but not BioSQL/
information, please speak up.

Thanks,