[Biopython-dev] Quantifiedcode now has cody

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 7 12:05:15 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Here's the first suggestion from "Cody" at Quantified Code which
we had to reject due to it breaking under Python 2.6,

https://github.com/biopython/biopython/pull/711

Here's the first suggestion from "Cody" at Quantified Code which
I think is useful and ready to merge/cherry-pick:

https://github.com/biopython/biopython/pull/710

If anyone has code comments, please comment on GitHub.

If anyone has any objections to us using the Cody / Quantified Code
contribution please speak up now. e.g. What implications might this
have for the proposed re-licensing of Biopython to use the 3-clause
BSD licence? i.e. Who owns the copyright of these changes.

As an aside, Cody works by creating branches (named autofix...)
under the main Biopython repository - they can be deleted after a
change is rejected or merged. This is noteworthy as until now
we've just had the one "master" branch on this repository.

Regards,

Peter