[Biopython-dev] [Numpy-discussion] Python extensions for Python 3.5 - useful info...

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 27 07:28:47 UTC 2015

Hi Tiago,

I would be very reluctant to drop support of Windows.

I suspect we have quite a few people using in on Windows
(I can think of a couple of students and postdocs here),
who just run the Windows installers and never have to fight
with the complier side of things.

A user survey could be useful - other things like
which version(s) of Python they primarily use (and
for Linux/Mac if they were installed by default or not).

Taking it in another direction, you could ask (check boxes?)
which of the top level modules people mainly use - might
be helpful for deprecation discussions.

Would anyone good with Google Forms like to draft
something?

Peter