[Biopython-dev] [Biopython (old issues only) - Bug #2351] Make Seq more like a string, even subclass string?

redmine at redmine.open-bio.org redmine at redmine.open-bio.org
Wed Sep 10 08:07:11 UTC 2014

Issue #2351 has been updated by Peter Cock.

An open question is now that we have Python 3, is should it be a subclass of a (unicode) string, or a bytes object? I presume string.

Before (or at the same time) as any change to the base class, we need to change Seq equality. We've have warnings in place that we're planning to change from id(object) to str(object), maybe now is the time?

Bug #2351: Make Seq more like a string, even subclass string?
https://redmine.open-bio.org/issues/2351