[Biopython-dev] Time for Biopython 1.65?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 18 11:28:13 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 11:24 AM, Tiago Antao <tra at popgen.net> wrote:
> Not a serious issue, but what about marking as deprecated the MySQLdb
> driver? mysql.connector seems to work as well as the non-native one on
> Python 2 and it is becoming stable on Python 3 as well.

This makes sense in the medium term - I've not really kept up to date
with the Python SQL scene, do you feel the consensus is that MySQLdb
is effectively in maintenance mode now (and will only ever support
Python 2)?

If you do want to do this, this seems fine - but lots of our documentation
will need updating to remove mentions of MySQLdb or replace them.

Thanks,