[Biopython-dev] 1.64 mock release announcement

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Wed May 28 10:51:59 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 11:42 AM, Tiago Antao <tra at popgen.net> wrote:
> Comments and corrections appreciated. I have reduced the number of
> items from the NEWS page. If you disagree with this, please say
> (especially because I do not have a real grasp of which paragraphs are
> really more/less work).

That looks about right :)

This release of Biopython supports Python 2.6 and 2.7, 3.3 and also
the new 3.4 version.

--> Biopython is also tested on PyPy 2.0 to 2.3, and Jython 2.7b2.

The module Bio.CodonAlign is now in the master branch. It facilitates
building codon alignment and further analysis upon it. This work is
from the Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2013.

--> include Zheng Ruan by name (as in the next paragraph about the
GSoC work by Yanbo). We should do this in the NEWS file too.

We could perhaps include links to the GSoC blogs? Good idea?
http://zruanweb.com/ and http://www.yeyanbo.com/tag/gsoc.html

> I will also make some corrections to http://biopython.org/wiki/Download
> while we are at it (e.g add postgres reference, mysql-connector, ...)

Good plan. I think I put this in the README file but could you check
that too?

Thanks,