[Biopython-dev] Next biopython release (was Re: Python 3.4)

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon May 19 16:40:11 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 11:36 AM, Tiago Antao <tra at popgen.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Apr 2014 10:42:33 +0100
> Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am hoping we'll have everything ready on Python 3.4
>> for the next release of Biopython - aim for early May?
>
> It would be good if we rotated release managers. But, if no one else
> volunteers, I can put my head for the chop.
>
> Tiago

Are you still willing and available Tiago?

Things look good now for Python 3.4, and also PyPy 2.3 which
was also released recently. Ideally I would have solved the odd
SQLite problem that developed on my Windows machine...
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython-dev/2014-March/011169.html
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython-dev/2014-May/011387.html

Would you like to suggest a target date for the Biopython 1.64
release - perhaps the end of this week or sometime next week?

Thanks!