[Biopython-dev] Bio.Graphics to return a matplotlib axis?

Asma Riyaz asmariyaz23 at gmail.com
Mon May 19 11:34:51 UTC 2014

Hello,

I generated a genome diagram using Bio.Graphics and a phylogenetic tree
using Bio.Phylo, further I wanted merge these two hence I used matplotlib.
Bio.Phylo returns a matplotlib axis which enabled me to plot it in
matplotlib but Bio.Graphics does not return any such axes(to the level of
my understanding) and hence I plotted a .png(using matplotlib) returned by
it to merge them.

My question is this: will it future beneficial to have Bio.Graphics return
such an axis? Any inputs?
(Also attaching a sample of an image I generated).

Thank you,
Asma