[Biopython-dev] Fwd: [Fwd: missing NCBI DTDs]

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 26 02:15:52 UTC 2014

We could consider to not include any DTDs with Biopython, and rely on downloading them automatically.
This seems a better test case than what we currently have, because as NCBI updates their DTDs, Bio.Entrez depends on this automatic download capability.

Best,
-Michiel.

 Three more NCBI Entrez DTD files
 added:

 https://github.com/biopython/biopython/commit/58e024f7704c3b7d3694fda42be6fa47808dad7d

 The downside of the new Entrez code is it silently
 downloads
 and caches missing DTD files, so we may want to add
 something
 to the manual release process to check what missing DTD
 files
 have been cached locally... e.g.

 $ ls ~/.config/biopython/Bio/Entrez/DTDs/

 Regards,

 Peter