[Biopython-dev] A docker container for Biopython

Tiago Antao tra at popgen.net
Tue Mar 11 14:38:53 UTC 2014

Hi,

In a effort to have a complete, reliable and easy to replicate testing
platform for Biopython I am in the process of creating a docker
container (inspired by Brad's CloudBioLinux work) with everything
needed for Biopython.

I currently have a container that allows easy installation of Biopython.
I have documented the process here:
http://fe.popgen.net/2014/03/a-docker-container-for-biopython/

A few points:

1. A few applications still missing, not many

2. The fasttree test case is still failing

3. Database servers are included

4. This can be used to do a very fast deploy of Biopython (teaching,
demo, etc...)

5. The container to test biopython (buildbot based) will be a different
one (and probably only of interest to Peter and me ;) )

This is my first container, problems & suggestions most welcome!

Tiago