[Biopython-dev] Installing all biopython dependencies

Tiago Antao tra at popgen.net
Mon Mar 10 17:33:20 UTC 2014

On Mon, 10 Mar 2014 17:20:43 +0000
Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:
> It would be neat to have an instance of your docker based
> VM running as a buildslave too...
> http://testing.open-bio.org/biopython/tgrid

That was my original objective, which I have split into two:

1. A biopython docker container
2. A buildbot docker container for biopython (a different kind of
beast)

And then research how this might integrate with BioCloudLinux.

As a side I have to say that using docker is progressing quite well and
it seems a very interesting platform for deployment and testing.

> Others (where the licence permits) we can request DebianMed/
> BioLinux look at for packaging...

>From the problematic list, I will gather a list of software whose
license permits packaging and report back on this.

Tiago