[Biopython-dev] Python 3.4

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 30 10:06:22 UTC 2014

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 10:05 AM, Tiago Antao <tra at popgen.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Apr 2014 08:21:27 +0100 Peter Cock wrote:
>
>> I've asked the buildbot master to run tests for Python 3.4
>> on the Mac now, and got another 64bit Linux machine
>> ready to run the tests.
>
> I hope to lunch mine this morning (or early afternoon - meetings...).
> The docker work is finished.

I can see it as a buildslave now - well done :)

>> Oddly the buildbot server has become quite sluggish,
>> perhaps we have too much old data and/or too many
>> build targets? Removing the older PyPy versions
>> from the matrix should help:
>> http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython/2014-April/009110.html
>

> I think we need to purge the old data. I do not think we have anything
> resembling too much build targets. I will try to purge the old data
> myself today.

Thanks Tiago - its a shame to lose the old builds with error logs,
but it was of limited value now. Thanks for doing that - the buildbot
webpages are very responsive now :)

Now some good news for Python 3.4 - this is now supported by
TravisCI, and our tests pass:
https://github.com/biopython/biopython/commit/e61afb73fdc6cf5721e16299414e6b4b161a5099

Bad news - another unicode error under Python 3.4:
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython-dev/2014-April/011355.html

Regards,