[Biopython-dev] BWA command line change?

Saket Choudhary saketkc at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 20:07:43 UTC 2014

This is turning out to be an issue with this particular version of
bwa[0.7.6a-r433];l
$ bwa7.6a aln
[main] unrecognized command 'aln'

However the later two versions do support it, and the tests do pass:

$ bwa7.8 aln

Usage:   bwa aln [options] <prefix> <in.fq>

$ bwa7.7 aln

Usage:   bwa aln [options] <prefix> <in.fq>

I have bwa7.5[ 0.7.5a-r405] installed which I used for testing and it
seems to be working as well.

Unfortunately, I was not able to locate this error being reported on
the bwa mailing list[The reason probably being more people using 'mem'
now]

Andrew, can you check this with the latest version of bwa?[0.7.8]

Thanks,
Saket