[Biopython-dev] Python 3.4

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 25 07:21:27 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 10:42 AM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 10:23 AM, Tiago Antao <tra at popgen.net> wrote:
>> Dear all (especially Manlio and Peter ;) ),
>>
>> With Ubuntu trusty officially out, I am planning on doing a (Linux)
>> docker file running Python 3.4 and attach it to buildbot. Hopefully
>> today. This would allow us to have a stable testing environment of 3.4
>> against Linux... Which might give some clues to what is happening with
>> 3.4 on Windows...
>>
>> Tiago
>
> Good plan :)
>
> I've already got Python 3.4 on three build slaves ready to
> be connected (Windows XP 32 bit, Linux 64 bit, and Mac
> OS X 64 bit), so we'll have the main platforms covered.

I've asked the buildbot master to run tests for Python 3.4
on the Mac now, and got another 64bit Linux machine
ready to run the tests.

Oddly the buildbot server has become quite sluggish,
perhaps we have too much old data and/or too many
build targets? Removing the older PyPy versions
from the matrix should help:
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython/2014-April/009110.html

> Right now the only Python 3.4 specific issue I have seen is
> in Bio.trie https://github.com/biopython/biopython/issues/305

Provisional fix checked in.