[Biopython-dev] Test files leftovers

Wibowo Arindrarto w.arindrarto at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 00:05:51 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

I was running full tests when I noticed that some of our test cases
seem to create files for testing but not delete them afterwards.

I have these from my tests:

BWA/1.sai
BWA/1.sam
BWA/2.sai
BWA/human_g1k_v37_truncated.fasta.amb
BWA/human_g1k_v37_truncated.fasta.ann
BWA/human_g1k_v37_truncated.fasta.bwt
BWA/human_g1k_v37_truncated.fasta.pac
BWA/human_g1k_v37_truncated.fasta.sa
BWA/out.sam
SamBam/bam1.bam.bai
TreeConstruction/bootstrap_consensus.tre
TreeConstruction/pars1.tre
TreeConstruction/pars2.tre
bam1.bam

Now, I could just add these files to .gitignore, but I think it's more
proper if we at least try to remove them after every test. In some
cases, I saw that the creation of these files is actually the test.
Which means having them before the test (i.e. from a previous run) may
not be ideal.

But I could be wrong, so I'm sending this first to ask whether these
files should have been deleted or not :).

Cheers,
Bow