[Biopython-dev] Python 3.4

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 22 09:42:33 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 10:23 AM, Tiago Antao <tra at popgen.net> wrote:
> Dear all (especially Manlio and Peter ;) ),
>
> With Ubuntu trusty officially out, I am planning on doing a (Linux)
> docker file running Python 3.4 and attach it to buildbot. Hopefully
> today. This would allow us to have a stable testing environment of 3.4
> against Linux... Which might give some clues to what is happening with
> 3.4 on Windows...
>
> Tiago

Good plan :)

I've already got Python 3.4 on three build slaves ready to
be connected (Windows XP 32 bit, Linux 64 bit, and Mac
OS X 64 bit), so we'll have the main platforms covered.

Right now the only Python 3.4 specific issue I have seen is
in Bio.trie https://github.com/biopython/biopython/issues/305

I am hoping we'll have everything ready on Python 3.4
for the next release of Biopython - aim for early May?