[Biopython-dev] Compiling Biopython on 64 bit Windows, was: Volunteer buildslave machines?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 21 16:12:20 UTC 2014

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 4:45 PM, Manlio Calvi <manlio.calvi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> test_Cluster ... skipping. If you want to use Bio.Cluster, install NumPy first and then reinstall Biopython
>
> And that's strange, Numpy IS installed in my case and usable by other
> scripts... I tried to reinstall and rebuild, all seems the same as
> before.

The error message is just triggered if "from Bio import Cluster"
fails with an ImportError - much like all the other C code modules'
imports are failing on your Python 3.4 setup.

> Apart from Numpy, seems the .pyd file is there but isn't importable by
> python as module as it raise an "ImportError" kind of error.
>
> This is the dump:
> ####################
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
> ImportError: cannot import name 'trie'
>
> Now, seems strange to me that File<string> thing
>
> Manlio

What does this do?

python3.4 -c "import numpy; print(numpy.__file__)"

If it works, can you see any compiled modules in that
folder, and how they are named?