[Biopython-dev] Compiling Biopython on 64 bit Windows, was: Volunteer buildslave machines?

Manlio Calvi manlio.calvi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 06:57:58 UTC 2014

Update from the first round of fights :)

Apparently even using the ginormous windows toolchains available
online is the compilers hit a snags on architectures in the build.py
script (isn't a build.py problem, I think), that's because every main
version of python needs a different toolchain in windows and must be
the FULL windows toolchain because they put in limitation to the
compilers on the x64 architectures, the only (legal) way to have the
full win tools is buy it and I can't afford them.

So tl;dr I'm going to try mingw-64 toolchains, hoping those goes well.

Bye to all,
Manlio