[Biopython-dev] Volunteer buildslave machines? e.g. Windows & 32 bit Linux

Manlio Calvi manlio.calvi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 14:33:20 UTC 2014

Well I'm currently running on the WinPython 64bit binary distribution
with all the py packages from Gohlke.
I could try to build from scratch but what I don't understand is if I
need to build every single piece of python and dependencies of
biopython from scratch or we could start with a binary distro and some
toolchain for building from C.

For the other thing PyPy, Jithon and IronPython, I never used it but
that means nothing as I could get interested in it in future. I guess
for PyPy is only a battery of tests against it and as far I understood
things either Jython and IronPython needs their toolchain to be
tested.At the moment I could build only one thing though.