[Biopython-dev] Newick Parser

Nigel Delaney nigel.delaney at outlook.com
Sat Sep 28 17:52:03 UTC 2013

Hi Peter,

I think handling the joys of Unicode might be a bit more trouble than it's
worth given how few of the files are probably Unicode, and I think most
bioinformatics is still done in standard ACSCII English anyway.

I just submitted pull request 241.  It throws an error when BOMs are
detected (right now it says the number of "(" does not equal the number of
")" which is super confusing).  This way the user can just convert the file
on their end.

All the best,