[Biopython-dev] Progress with ticket 3336

Nate Sutton natemsutton at yahoo.com
Tue May 7 21:12:59 UTC 2013

Hi,

Here is a progress follow up to http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython-dev/2013-April/010548.html .  I have added a commit to the github branch that adds an option to create claude branch lines using linecollection.  The linecollection objects are stored in a tuple before adding them to the plot.  It’s in Bio/Phylo/_utils.py.  Is this what the last bullet point was requesting in https://redmine.open-bio.org/issues/3336 ?

Thanks!

Nate

P. S.  I used a tuple to store the linecollection objects instead of a list because that was mentioned in the ticket but if that looks like it should be different let me know.  Also, I got some global variables to work with the code but I was only able to do that after declaring them as globals twice.  If there are suggestions on how to code that differently let me know.