[Biopython-dev] flex, setup.py and Bio.PDB.mmCIF (Bug 2619)

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 26 13:21:35 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Speaking of which, we have a Biopython Structural
 Bioinformatics FAQ (i.e. how to use the Bio.PDB module) on the Biopython website with additional information on Bio.PDB, including some information on things that are not in the main Biopython Tutorial. Perhaps this is a good time to integrate this FAQ into the main documentation?

We could also update it a bit because it's been a while and there are some different things here and there. And additions too.

I went over the Biopython Structural Bioinformatics FAQ and integrated it into the main Biopython tutorial; see

biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial-dev.html
or
biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial-dev.pdf

Though I think everything is there, it may be good if somebody more experienced with Bio.PDB were to look it over to see if it still makes sense.

In addition, I converted the Biopython Structural Bioinformatics FAQ to our wiki format and added it to our wiki documentation; see
http://biopython.org/wiki/The_Biopython_Structural_Bioinformatics_FAQ
This wiki now contains the exact same information (except for some minor updates/fixes) as the PDF with the Biopython Structural Bioinformatics FAQ that we have on the Biopython website.

I guess with this we can remove the lyx/tex source code of the Biopython Structural Bioinformatics FAQ from the git repository, as well as the PDF from the Biopython website. Any objections?

Best,
-Michiel.