[Biopython-dev] New contributor

Andrea Rizzi 88whacko at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 18:10:14 UTC 2013

Thank you for your welcome Michiel!

I will looking for a good project to work on in the next few days and I
will let you know soon. Meanwhile I've started to read some code to become
familiar with the modules and I bumped into few small bugs concerning the
Seq objects, in particular I found:

1) a duplicated test method name (one test in test_Seq_objs.py wasn't
performed);
2) an error in Alphabet._case_less().

I've also expanded a little bit the documentation and I've substituted
tostring() method with the suggested str() method in a function of
MutableSeq. The branch is located here

https://github.com/andrrizzi/biopython/tree/seq-branch

I'm not sure if it is more comfortable for you to merge this kind of
commits from a git branch or it is more advisable to open a ticket and
create a patch. Anyway if you think this small commits may be useful, feel
free to use them.

Best,
Andrea

-- Andrea