[Biopython-dev] flex, setup.py and Bio.PDB.mmCIF (Bug 2619)

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 15 15:08:43 UTC 2013

Hi all,

--- On Fri, 3/15/13, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Do you think we need a deprecation cycle for Bio.PDB.mmCIF?
> It has been available by default on Debian etc where the
> dependency was taken care of by the packagers.

Probably not. The Bio.PDB.mmCIF module was essentially a private module used by Bio.PDB.MMCIF2Dict, whose usage is unchanged. Also, AFAICT the Bio.PDB.mmCIF module is not documented anywhere. And finally, all this module does is tokenize the mmCIF file, so probably not something an end user would be interested in.

I am not a heavy user of Bio.PDB myself, so feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Best,
-Michiel.