[Biopython-dev] [Biopython - Bug #3435] (New) Pyhlo.draw_ascii() type error

redmine at redmine.open-bio.org redmine at redmine.open-bio.org
Tue Jun 18 06:06:50 UTC 2013

Issue #3435 has been reported by Giulio Valentino Dalla Riva.

Bug #3435: Pyhlo.draw_ascii() type error
https://redmine.open-bio.org/issues/3435

Author: Giulio Valentino Dalla Riva

I define a simple tree in a newick format file (the example one in the tutorial 13.1).
I read it using
@tree = Phylo.read("simple.dnd", "newick")@
which works.
When I try to use draw_ascii() to draw it I get a Type error:
@Phylo.draw_ascii(tree)@
produces
@Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#7>", line 1, in <module>
    Phylo.draw_ascii(tree)
  File "C:\Python32\lib\site-packages\Bio\Phylo\_utils.py", line 253, in draw_ascii
    draw_clade(tree.root, 0)
  File "C:\Python32\lib\site-packages\Bio\Phylo\_utils.py", line 239, in draw_clade
    char_matrix[thisrow][col] = '_'
TypeError: list indices must be integers, not float@

I think the error is related with the fact that Python 3.X gives a float as respond to @/@ and not an integer. The problem doesn't occur with Phylo.draw().

P.S.
Hope the issue has not been already answered: I didn't find it.
I'm working on phyton 3.2 and I tested the issue both from the latest git release (compiled with mingw) and the binary on a windows 32 machine.

You have received this notification because this email was added to the New Issue Alert plugin

To change your notification preferences, please click here and login: http://redmine.open-bio.org