[Biopython-dev] Progress with ticket 3336

Eric Talevich eric.talevich at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 17:15:26 UTC 2013

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 5:12 PM, Nate Sutton <natemsutton at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here is a progress follow up to
> http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython-dev/2013-April/010548.html.  I have added a commit to the github branch that adds an option to create
> claude branch lines using linecollection.  The linecollection objects are
> stored in a tuple before adding them to the plot.  It’s in
> Bio/Phylo/_utils.py.  Is this what the last bullet point was requesting in
> https://redmine.open-bio.org/issues/3336 ?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Nate
>
> P. S.  I used a tuple to store the linecollection objects instead of a
> list because that was mentioned in the ticket but if that looks like it
> should be different let me know.  Also, I got some global variables to work
> with the code but I was only able to do that after declaring them as
> globals twice.  If there are suggestions on how to code that differently
> let me know.

Hi Nate,

I left some comments on your commits in your branch on GitHub. When you're
done, would you mind rebasing to the current master branch and doing a pull
request?

Regarding the global variables, I think you might have to declare them as
such in every new scope where they're used, or not at all, and in this
case, you don't need to declare them as global at all.

Thanks,
Eric