[Biopython-dev] Fwd: Biopython Tutorial Chinese Translation

Eric Talevich eric.talevich at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 15:59:00 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

Great idea! Yes, there was an earlier "unofficial" effort to both port the
tutorial to Sphinx and translate it to Chinese:
http://www.bio-cloud.info/Biopython/en/index.html
http://www.bio-cloud.info/Biopython/cn/index.html
http://www.bio-cloud.info/blog/?p=57

I don't know much about Sphinx's support for multiple translations of the
same text (or LaTeX's, for that matter), but maybe a
Sphinx/reStructuredText port would make it easier to manage individual
sections of the document and keep them up to date with their English
equivalents. The bug report for this (long-term) task is:
https://redmine.open-bio.org/issues/3219

All the best,
Eric